Unstoppable Mind
Welcome to the forum! Join here!
Unstoppable Mind
Welcome to the forum! Join here!
Unstoppable Mind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO OUR COMMUNITY!

HomePortalSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Condica de prezenta
Great Pyramid of Cholula Purple12Today at 12:32 am by Survivor

» Hello portal's
Great Pyramid of Cholula Purple12Yesterday at 11:11 pm by Yobi

» Saint Patrick Day (with Kairi)
Great Pyramid of Cholula Purple12Yesterday at 11:02 pm by Sharma Katrina

» Mesmer Kingdom (with Takumi)
Great Pyramid of Cholula Purple12Yesterday at 10:41 pm by Peggy

» Hell Bet (with Sccubus)
Great Pyramid of Cholula Purple12Yesterday at 9:00 pm by Sccubus

» Bancuri cu bula
Great Pyramid of Cholula Purple12Yesterday at 3:20 pm by portal Rpg

» Promisiunile lui Dumnezeu
Great Pyramid of Cholula Purple12Yesterday at 2:55 pm by dominic

» Familia Melimi Fanclub
Great Pyramid of Cholula Purple12Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:41 pm by Survivor

» Berbec
Great Pyramid of Cholula Purple12Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:36 pm by Nacht.

Recent members
See more
Visitators
Great Pyramid of Cholula Flags_0
Our allies
WWW.4EN3RGY.FORUMMO.COM
Top posting users this month
dominic
Great Pyramid of Cholula EmptyGreat Pyramid of Cholula I_back_titleGreat Pyramid of Cholula Empty 
Nacht.
Great Pyramid of Cholula EmptyGreat Pyramid of Cholula I_back_titleGreat Pyramid of Cholula Empty 
Akiko
Survivor
Alethia Spitz
Xiphion.
Me&You
Ratonu'
mindfreak.
portal Rpg

Great Pyramid of Cholula

Survivor
××Administrator××
Survivor
❥ Army: ❥ Army: : ❥Falun Gong, Reiki & Qigong
×Sex ×Sex : Female
×Gold ×Gold : 18830
×Silver ×Silver : 35763
×Reputation ×Reputation : 36
❥×Enrolment Date : 2020-03-16
×Age ×Age : 16
×Location ×Location : ❥ Aldebaran
×Mood ×Mood : ❥ 幸せな猫
Great Pyramid of Cholula Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:59 am

Great Pyramid of Cholula OIP
The Great Pyramid of Cholula, also known as Tlachihualtepetl (Nahuatl for "made-by-hand mountain"), is a complex located in Cholula, Puebla, Mexico. It is the largest archaeological site of a pyramid (temple) in the New World, as well as the largest pyramid by volume known to exist in the world today. The adobe brick pyramid stands 25 metres (82 ft) above the surrounding plain, which is significantly shorter than the Great Pyramid of Giza's height of 146.6 metres (481 ft), but much wider, measuring 300 by 315 metres (984 by 1,033 ft) in its final form,[3] compared to the Great Pyramid's base dimensions of 230.3 by 230.3 metres (756 by 756 ft). The pyramid is a temple that traditionally has been viewed as having been dedicated to the god Quetzalcoatl. The architectural style of the building was linked closely to that of Teotihuacan in the Valley of Mexico, although influence from the Gulf Coast is evident as well, especially from El Tajín.
Great Pyramid of Cholula Cholula-pyramid-with
This was a grave error indeed. As the army stormed its streets, religious treasures were looted and the precious pyramids went up in smoke. Within three hours they had murdered 3,000 people. October 12th 1519 was a bloodbath on an unprecedented scale, leaving 10% of the city’s population dead.
Great Pyramid of Cholula P044g1mf
Eventually the Spaniards settled in Cholula (now part of Mexico), erecting enough of their own buildings that the city is now known for having a church for every day of the year. The final touch – a symbol of their Christian conquest – is the Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de los Remediosa, built on what they thought was a large hill.
The story goes that until the locals began construction of an insane asylum in 1910, nobody knew it was a pyramid. Certainly, by the time Cortéz and his men arrived, it was already a thousand years old and entirely concealed by vegetation.

Early excavations revealed a series of gruesome findings, including the deformed skulls of decapitated children.

Where did it come from? And why did it stay hidden for so long?

Great Pyramid of Cholula F6b717efbceeaca142fd5be5f380a929
Great Pyramid of Cholula
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1